Santa Fe Spirits roasts piñon nuts and puts them into a barrel to soak in Silver Coyote single malt white whiskey for six months to extract the essence of the piñon.
At the top of Atalaya mountain, nearly 2,000 feet above Santa Fe, ponderosa trees sway in the breeze. Their resin also gives off scents of vanilla and pine. Santa Fe Spirits collects this resin to sweeten Atapiño and give it the flavor of the Mountain West.
The result is a liqueur that truly encapsulates the terroir of Santa Fe in a bottle.
- 38% alcohol by volume
- 76 proof
- Local piñon nuts are soaked in Silver Coyote single malt white whiskey
- Soaked for 6 months in a new oak barrel
- Sweetened with hand-collected ponderosa pine resin and sugar
- Available only in 375 milliliter bottles
- MSRP in New Mexico is $30