Santa Fe Spirits roasts the piñon nuts and puts them into a barrel to soak in Silver Coyote single malt white whiskey for two months to extract the essence of the piñon.
At the top of Atalaya mountain, nearly 2,000 feet above Santa Fe, ponderosa trees sway in the breeze. Their resin also gives off scents of vanilla and pine. Jeffery collected this resin and used it to sweeten Atapiño and give it the flavor of the Mountain West.
The result is a liqueur that truly encapsulates the terroir of Santa Fe in a bottle.
- 38% alcohol by volume
- 76 proof
- Local piñon nuts are soaked in Silver Coyote single malt white whiskey
- Soaked for 2 months in a new oak barrel
- Sweetened with hand-collected ponderosa pine resin and sugar
- Available only in 375 milliliter bottles
- Extremely limited, seasonal release
- First run is available only through Santa Fe Spirits tasting rooms
- MSRP in New Mexico is $30